Innovative Giving Programs
We love how innovative our clients are when it comes to supporting charities, and we’re excited this month that two clients are working together to make the world a better place. Here’s a few examples of what clients are up to over the holiday season and early 2020.
- Westpac Group is aiming to donate a million meals to children in need. Partnering with Mastercard to support the United Nations Food Programme, commuters on Transport for NSW can get involved in donating school meals at no cost to them.
- Westpac Group has also reinvented their traditional Christmas Tree to encourage more giving. In just 3 weeks they’ve generated almost $15,000 in workplace giving donations. Watch below!
Good2Give has worked closely with Rural Aid in recent months raising workplace giving donations for those impacted by Australia’s devastating drought. This Sunday (15 December), Rural Aid and some of Australia’s biggest rock legends are putting on a major bush Christmas appeal. Head to the Haymate website to buy your tickets today or tune in to Channel 9 between 8:00-10:30pm to watch the concert and live telethon.
Can’t make or watch the concert? No problem, you can donate to Rural Aid via your Workplace Giving platform at any time.
- Tune into Fishing Addiction series on 7plus. As one of our new clients, we’re now ‘hooked’ on the show! But seriously, Fishing Addiction has set up a foundation with Good2Give to raise money for worthy causes in 2020.
- If you’re at the Australian Open tennis tournament in January 2020, don’t forget to Tap2Give. Once again, our client Mastercard are a major sponsor and they are raising funds for the World Food Programme with the goal of delivering 100 million meals for children across the world.
Maximise Your Giving Programs
As we head into the holiday season, we encourage companies to share in the spirit of Christmas and donate to help create positive change. What are you doing to encourage workplace giving this Christmas?
It’s never been easier to maximise the impact of your workplace giving program and Good2Give has developed some posters to help launch your appeal. It’s not too late! Check out our End of Year Giving toolkit!
- Start planning for 2020! It could be fundraising events, appeals such as mental wellbeing or drought or fire appeals. If you need some ideas, check out what some of our business clients have done for their partner charities in our case studies.
- Don’t forget that we can manage all your permit and compliance needs required to conduct fundraising raffles. Call us on 02 9929 9633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
In other news…
The Good2Give team has been out and about promoting more giving as well as learning what others are doing to make our world a better place. Lots of inspiration.
Australia’s first Collective Giving Summit
The Collective Giving Summit was an opportunity to discuss the Giving Circles at Work pilot with experienced public giving circle practitioners. Good2Give’s CEO, Lisa Grinham and Carin Lavery attended this event.
LBG Conference 2019 – Impact: Beyond 2030
A number of the Good2Give team enjoyed the time spent with the LBG team and leaders from the social impact community, including many clients. The sharing of social investment and social impact programs is so vital as we all contribute in our own way to overcoming some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Workplace Giving Awards
Congratulations to all the businesses that we partner with who won at the WPG Awards in Sydney in November. Gala Awards were presented to:
- Gold in Best Launch / Refresh (Employer): EnergyAustralia
- Highly Commended in Best Launch / Refresh (Employer): Suncorp
- Gold in Best Launch / Refresh (Charity): Deakin University
- Gold in Best Pro Bono/Workplace Volunteering: PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gold in Best Public-Sector Program: Australia Post
- Silver in Most Unique Innovation: Bain & Company
- Gold in Most Innovative Charity / Employer Partnership: Rural Aid with Australia Post