Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual.
Good2Give recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your Personal Information is collected and used. We know that providing Personal Information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Good2Give will only collect and use your Personal Information as set out below.
Collection of information
How Good2Give collects Personal Information
The main ways we collect Personal Information about you are:
- when information about you is entered into or otherwise collected via our Workplace Giving Platform, grant applications, donations to a Good2Give managed Public or Private Ancillary Fund, or a Good2Give Community Fund sub fund either by you or by a third party;
- when you otherwise submit Personal Information to Good2Give, such as subscribing to the Good2Give newsletter; and
- when you use a Good2Give online platform or a Good2Give website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to the Platform or that website, such as your IP address; and
- when you set up a fundraising page and chose to link it to our Workplace Giving Platform.
Information collected in connection with donations
- In addition, if you are making a donation via Good2Give’s Workplace Giving Platform:
your employer may collect Personal Information from you for the purposes of processing your donation, and may disclose Personal Information about you to Good2Give for the purpose of facilitating Good2Give’s performance of its obligations under its agreement with you. For more information about how your Personal Information is collected, held, used and disclosed by your employer, you should consult your employer or your employer’s human resources team;
- where you elect to make your donation via credit card or digital wallet, Good2Give’s PCI compliant third party processor will receive your tokenised payment details in order to process the transaction, and will report the outcome of the transaction, its settlement, the credit card expiry date, and the masked credit card number to Good2Give; At no point does Good2Give receive or store full credit card details; and
- we will receive details of your name and email address from third parties involved in the use, administration or provision of those services (e.g. third party payment providers, payroll agents, or third party fundraisers).
We may collect your Personal Information from third parties when you have given your consent to us or to another party who holds Personal Information about you to allow us access to that Personal Information.
Personal Information we collect
The type of information that we collect from you may include the following: your name, phone number, address, e-mail address, employer details, company position/title, donation amount, IP address, or cookies, and any other Personal Information which we may reasonably require to perform our obligations and exercise our rights under our agreement with you.
Why we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information
Our main purpose in collecting information about you is to allow us to provide you with the services you have requested from us, including processing donations and administering grants.
In order to operate our services, Good2Give may sometimes share your Personal Information with its related entities, charities, employers, service providers, advisers and other entities with whom Good2Give has a relationship, in the course of operating the services. For example, if you make a donation to a charity via our Workplace Giving Platform, Good2Give will provide your employer and the relevant charity with aggregate reporting of donations and details of individual payments, which may contain your Personal Information.
Good2Give will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested; or
- any of the assets and/or operations of Good2Give are being transferred to another party.
If you do not provide requested information, Good2Give may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of our services.
If you are a donor via the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform, we may use your Personal Information to contact you on an ongoing basis in relation to your participation in the program, including sending you regular statements about your donation activities (including via email).
We may also from time to time send other communications to you such as service information, updates and regular newsletters or as otherwise set out in any agreement we have with you. Where appropriate, instruction will be provided on how to unsubscribe and opt out of further communications.
If you make a donation to a charity via the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform, or a Good2Give managed Public or Private Ancillary Fund, or a Good2Give Community Fund sub fund, we may also provide the relevant charity with your contact details (unless you have selected to be anonymous) so that they may contact you (including via email) about their work, including in relation to use of your donation and/or future campaigns which you may be interested in.
If you have selected to be anonymous, you may still receive communications via the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform from a charity, however your contact details will not be known to that charity.
If you are receiving emails or other messages from another party (including a charity) and do not wish to continue receiving this information, you should contact that other party to ask to be removed from their mailing list.
Access to the information we hold
You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you by making a request to the Good2Give Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised not to do so.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date or to have your Personal Information deleted, please contact us by emailing our Good2Give Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to change or delete information in response to such a request. If there is a reason that we cannot make that change or deletion, we will inform you of that reason.
Storage and security of your Personal Information
Good2Give may hold your information in a number of formats, including electronically or hard copy. Good2Give will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information which we hold about you against misuse, destruction or loss and against unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure method and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet outside our networks. Any Good2Give staff who have access to your Personal Information will take reasonable steps to maintain strict confidence at all times.
Third party websites
Good2Give websites may contain links to websites that are not operated by Good2Give and the contact details for many charities and other organisations not operated by Good2Give. These linked sites and profiled charities and other organisations are not under the control of Good2Give, and we are not responsible for the conduct of those organisations.
We will consider all questions and complaints, and will respond within a reasonable time in writing. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction.
As we continue to evolve and introduce new services and features, our policies will be reviewed and may be revised.
Last updated December 2021