There are many Aboriginal charities you can choose to support this National Close the Gap Day. At Good2Give we recognise that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples still do not have equal opportunity to access services that others take for granted, such as;
- Health Care
- Legal services
- Health and life expectancy
We’ve made it easy for you to help close this gap for Indigenous Australians by highlighting a few out of the many incredible Indigenous charities to donate to that we have on our platform.
Charities for Indigenous youth
- Red Dust Role Models works together with remote communities to enrich lives, improve health and strengthen the future of Indigenous youth and families.
- One Disease aims to eliminate disease from remote Indigenous communities.
- Cathy Freeman Foundation supports Indigenous students to experience their full potential in school and beyond.
Charities for Indigenous people
- Parents Australia holds a program for Indigenous parents to learn effective engagement with children’s early learning and successful transition to formal learning.
- National Justice Project is a not-for-profit legal service that advances human rights, fights discrimination and provides access to justice for Aboriginal people, refugees and others that need help.
- ONELAND Programs Ltd produces documentaries to promote the culture, arts and heritage of Aboriginal people and foster understanding of reconciliation.
Indigenous charities for education
- Literacy for Life Foundation is an organisation that aims to end illiteracy in Aboriginal communities by teaching adults how to read and write.
- Indigenous Literacy Foundation aims to raise literacy levels and improve the lives and opportunities of Indigenous children living in remote communities.
- Aurora Education Foundation delivers a suite of interconnected programs to help Indigenous students through each stage of their educational development.
Indigenous charities for business
- Outback Spirit Foundation encourages the growing and selling of Australian bush foods. The Foundation facilitates relationships with retailers such as Coles to sell products from Aboriginal farmers.
- Birrang Enterprises Development Co Ltd is a community service provider offering employment and related services to Aboriginal people of New South Wales. Other services include Driver Learner Training, Life Skills programs and workshops.
- First Australians Capital Ltd works with underserved business start-ups to develop markets where Indigenous businesses have a natural competitive edge including cultural tourism, agriculture and sustainable markets.