Many Australians face a chaotic start to the week with floods gripping most of South-east Queensland and Northern NSW. With floods expected to worsen, roads are cut off, trains are shut down, schools and businesses right across the state are closed as hundreds of residents seek shelter in evacuation centres.
The sudden and unexpected flood water has already left widespread damage and will continue to affect thousands of Queensland residents for days. In addition to devastating affects across rural Queensland, the city of Brisbane has faced flash flooding causing road closures, landslides, and a sudden shutdown of the rail and ferry network.
You can support thousands of Queenslanders and New South Wales residents affected, by donating to charities providing flood relief and disaster support. Donating through the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform ensures your donation goes toward its intended purpose and is distributed to those affected by the flooding as soon as possible. You can maximise your impact by make a once-off or recurring credit card payment through our platform that may be eligible for corporate fund matching.
Your donation will make a difference to so many. Take a look at the charities below and follow the steps under ‘How can I help?’ to lend your support to the flood emergency currently gripping Queensland and NSW.
Charities providing flood relief and disaster support
- GIVIT – Queensland Flood & NSW Recovery
- Good360Australia – NSW and Queensland Flood Recovery Appeal
- Rural Aid – Flood Appeal 2022
- Foodbank Queensland – Foodbank Queensland Flood Appeal
- Drought Angels – Give Hope to our Farmer Flood Appeal
- Disaster Relief Australia – QLD & NSW Floods
- Foundation For Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) – FRRR’s 2022 Flood Response
- Better Together Brisbane Flood Relief Fund – NSW and Queensland Flood Recovery Appeal
I am a Donor
Donate today by following these simple steps:
- Sign in to the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform
- Check if your company has set up a charity appeal and make a donation
- If you can’t see a charity appeal, click on the Charities Tab
- In the search bar enter QLDNSWFloods22
- Choose a charity (or charities) and donate
I am a Client
Be proactive with your campaigns and select from the following options:
Workplace Giving Appeal
You can match and even double match employee donations made to your flood relief appeal. Please contact your Client Relations Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An emergency appeal fundraising page can be set up to support flood relief. Please contact your Client Relations Manager for assistance.
I have a Foundation or Trust Account
We can quickly send a donation from your Foundation or Trust Account to charities in need. Please send your requests to email@example.com.