Since June 2022 floods in Pakistan have killed over 1,290 people with as many as 33 million people impacted. Caused by heavier than usual monsoon rains and melting glaciers that followed a severe heat wave, it is the world’s deadliest flood since the 2017 South Asian floods and is described as the worst in the country’s history. With more rain expected to last until at least Tuesday the 6th of September, UNICEF has warned that there is a high risk of water-borne diseases spreading rapidly. As rains continue and flooding worsens, there is an urgent need to restore damaged health facilities, ensure sufficient medicines and health supplies can reach affected communities, and begin rebuilding infrastructure.
The Government of Pakistan is leading the humanitarian response for the millions of people in affected areas, supported by the UN and humanitarian partners. But, there is much more work to be done.
You can support humanitarian aid efforts in Pakistan by donating through the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform. Donating through our platform ensures your donation goes toward its intended purpose and is distributed to those affected by the flooding as soon as possible. You can maximise your impact by making a once-off or recurring credit card payment that may be eligible for corporate fund matching.
Your donation will make a difference in the lives of many. Take a look at the charities below and follow the steps under ‘How can I help?’ to lend your support.
Charities providing humanitarian aid and disaster support
- CARE Australia – Pakistan Floods Emergency Appeal
- Australia for UNHCR – Pakistan Floods Emergency
- UN Women Australia – Pakistan Emergency Appeal
- UNICEF Australia – Help Children in Pakistan
- Shelterbox Australia – Pakistan Flood Appeal
- Australian Red Cross – Pakistan Floods Appeal
I am a Donor
Donate today by following these simple steps:
- Sign in to the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform
- Check if your company has set up a charity appeal and make a donation
- If you can’t see a charity appeal, click on the Charities Tab
- In the search bar enter Pakistan2022
- Choose a charity (or charities) and donate
I am a Client
Be proactive with your campaigns and select from the following options:
Workplace Giving Appeal
You can match and even double match employee donations made to appeals. Please contact your Client Relations Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An emergency appeal fundraising page can be set up. Please contact your Client Relations Manager for assistance.
I have a Foundation or Trust Account
We can quickly send a donation from your Foundation or Trust Account to charities in need. Please send your requests to email@example.com.