It has been shocking to see the wave of violence in Afghanistan escalate. Over the past week, thousands of Afghans have attempted to escape the dangerous situation with many vulnerable people left in unsafe situations. Our heart goes out to those suffering from this conflict.
We are grateful for the charities that are providing emergency shelter, food, health, sanitation support and cash assistance to the Afghan people in need. We have suggested a few charities who are providing aid specifically to the people in Afghanistan and those newly displaced.
By donating through the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform, we will ensure your donations go towards their intended purpose and can be correctly distributed to your nominated charity. Donations made through Good2Give may also be eligible for corporate fund matching.
Your donation will make a difference. Take a look at the charities below and follow the steps under How I can help?
Humanitarian support (Australia)
- Australia for UNHCR Afghanistan Emergency
- CARE Australia Afghanistan Emergency
- Australian Red Cross Afghanistan Crisis Appeal
- UNICEF Australia Help Children in Afghanistan
- Caritas Australia Asia Emergency Appeal
- Amnesty International Australia Afghanistan: Human Rights Emergency Response
- UN Women National Committee Australia Afghanistan Emergency Appeal
- Mahboba’s Promise Emergency Relief Fund – Afghanistan Needs You
- ActionAid Australia Afghanistan Emergency Appeal – ActionAid
- Community Refugee Sponsorship Australia Help Mobilise Volunteer Support for Afghan Refugees
Humanitarian support (New Zealand)
I am a Donor
Donate today by following these simple steps:
- Sign In to the Good2Give Workplace Giving Platform
- Check if your company has set up a charity appeal and make a donation
- If you can’t see a charity appeal, then click on the Charities Tab
- In the search bar enter Afghanistan
- Choose a charity (or charities) and donate
I am a Client
Be proactive with your campaigns selecting from the following options;
Workplace Giving Appeal
You can match and even double match employee donations made to your Afghanistan Appeal. Please contact your Client Relations Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An emergency appeal fundraising page can be set up. Please organise through your Client Relations Manager.
I have Foundation or Trust Account
We can quickly send a donation from your Foundation or Trust Account to charities in need. Please send your requests to email@example.com.