Good2Give is a not-for-profit organisation that makes it easy for businesses and donors to connect with charities and community organisations that matter to them. Our aim is to deliver $300 million to charitable communities by 2022. Good2Give helps businesses maximise the impact and benefits of charitable giving through effective technology solutions as well as expert advice on community investment strategies and sustainable charity partnerships.
Having worked with hundreds of companies and government departments over the years, we currently count over 20 per cent of the ASX100 as clients, although our services extend across small to medium businesses as we deliver solutions that meet specific needs.
We are proud to call the likes of Westpac, Suncorp Group, Stockland, Facebook, Qantas, and Toyota our clients. We are a national organisation with 25 staff located in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast.
Stakeholder Management Leader (new position- 3 month contract)
Engagement: 3 days per week
Commencement: April 2022
Location: Sydney/Melbourne [Includes flexibility for remote work]
Reports to: CEO/CCO
Current board: ShareGift Australia
Following the recent merger of ShareGift Australia within the Good2Give Group, our growing company is seeking an experienced and resourceful Stakeholder Management Leader, well acquainted with the investor experience of ASX listed companies and Australia’s finance sector.
This exciting new role will focus on opportunities for gifting solutions within corporate transactions and investor-facing activities of publicly listed companies. Working with our CEO and CFO in shaping the opportunities, the Stakeholder Management Leader will meet with Directors, C-Suite, Company Secretary and senior level clients to represent ShareGift Australia and its benefits to corporations.
The Stakeholder Management Leader will develop new and existing relationships with ASX200 clients, leading professional services firms (such as stockbroking, wealth management, legal) and industry peak bodies to grow philanthropic giving through ShareGift’s unique, scalable platform. Existing partners include Wesfarmers, NAB, Coles, Lend Lease, Woodside, JBWere, E.L & C. Baillieu (Ord Minnett), Evans & Partners, Ashurst and King & Wood Mallesons.
We are searching for a successful professional who understands working within an ASX environment. The right candidate will be comfortable operating at the most senior levels of business including a good working knowledge of the share market, its regulatory environment and its role within the corporate. Likely to have worked within a company secretariate department, in a broker capacity or as a corporate advisor, the candidate will recognise the operations of Dividend Reinvestment Plans, Share Purchase Plans, Employee Share Schemes and other scheme arrangements.
Further, they should have an interest in growing charitable giving within the financial services sector.
This an opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive individual who understands how to build long-term, productive working relationships and who is looking to join a team committed to making a difference.
ABOUT SHAREGIFT AUSTRALIA
ShareGift Australia is part of the Good2Give Group, which offers solutions across corporate giving and social responsibility.
ShareGift Australia is a registered charity that aims to make it easy and cost effective for shareholders and ASX listed companies to donate shares and related proceeds, and thereby grow philanthropic giving in Australia. As more and more companies look for ways to drive shared value with their investors, ShareGift offers simple solutions to realise and consolidate proceeds from different share activity – such as the sale of share parcels, residuals from dividend reinvestment plan exits and corporate action share issues. Proceeds are aggregated and used to fund charities.
ShareGift is the only service of its kind in Australia and is endorsed by The ASX Group, the Stockbrokers and Financial Advisors Association and the Australian Shareholders Association.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities and duties
- Monitor, analyze business and ASX announcements and data to identify, quantify and action growth opportunities for ShareGift Australia’s corporate services
- Research and identify new corporate partner/clients, including key decision-makers and influencers, including collaborating with the Customer Relations Management team on common partner/clients
- Engage with non-executive directors and senior management of identified corporates
- Establish introductory meetings with potential corporate partner/clients, including preparation of collateral customized to the partner/client’s need, and undertake all follow up activity as required
- Maintain ongoing stakeholder relations with existing corporate clients, including preparation of reports and other material as required
- Develop SGA offerings in key areas including DRP and SPP
- Maintain records on partner/client actions and develop training documents as useful
- Assist in taking CHESS replacement DRP paper to market with key advisors and influencers
- Work with our senior team members to identify and manage risks
- Attend senior management and other internal meetings and events as required
- Seasoned practitioner in financial services, the stock market or with an ASX-listed company, ideally in investor relations or company secretariate
- Knowledge and understanding of ASX corporate environment and ways of working at the most senior levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop good relationships with current and potential corporate partner/clients at all levels including non-executive directors, senior management to functional, operational levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conversant in the role of regulatory bodies in the financial sector (incl. AUSTRAC, ATO, ASIC)
- Knowledge of, and experience, in corporate social responsibility is preferred.
The successful applicant may need to undertake occasional interstate travel and will be required to undergo a police check.
To apply please forward you application with Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com by COB May 13, 2022.
Finance and Client Service Officer
Reports to: Client Service Team Leader
Engagement: 37.5 hours
Location: Crows Nest, Sydney
If you’re looking to join a team of customer professionals to deliver exceptional service to our great clients – this could be an awesome role for you. Our clients are companies who support employee giving programs across Australia and New Zealand to benefit around 4,300 charities in both countries.
About the role
Good2Give works with some of Australia’s leading companies and their employees, and our Client Service Team is at the core of our Customer Experience. You’ll be part of a small team of customer service specialists who provide support to our customers, the business, and our charity partners. Our services include workplace giving programs, philanthropic foundations, community grants programs, share giving, and raffles.
Experience with corporate client servicing, financial software, and an interest in technology will be highly regarded.
You’ll be curious, a quick learner, and have a bright and positive attitude.
As the face of Good2Give with our clients and their staff, it’s important that you have great written and verbal communication skills and an easy but professional manner. You’ll also enjoy building relationships within Good2Give, working closely with the Finance and Business Development teams.
Attention to detail is absolutely vital, as is a level of comfort with numerical analysis – we’re looking after our customers’ money and making sure it gets to the right charities and causes. We’ll train you in all the
compliance requirements but it’s important that you’re comfortable working in this environment.
You’ll have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role, and be comfortable using IT systems with a high level of competence with Microsoft Office including Excel. Experience of using Salesforce and Service Cloud or similar support ticketing systems would be an advantage.
We’re a supportive team, but we’re also a small business, so being able to work independently with initiative and enthusiasm is important. No day is the same, and you’ll enjoy the challenges this brings. Tasks which are common include:
- Providing level 1 product technical support to all clients and charities
- Assisting clients in arranging payments to their nominated charity recipients, ensuring compliance requirements and processing timelines are met, and procedures followed
- Conducting due diligence on potential donation recipients, from charities to individuals
- Creating and delivering reports and analysis for clients
- Performing desktop research from time to time on charities
- Maintaining customer service levels according to Good2Give’s standards
- Understanding the role customer service plays in creating a better customer experience and is able to actively contribute to improving this
- Administering our Workplace Giving programs which involves:
- Updating and confirming payroll deductions
- Ensuring funds received are reconciled with the client payrolls
- Training Payroll Managers on how to use Good2Give’s Workplace Giving Platform
- Fulfilling client donation and payroll reporting requests
- Supporting and trouble-shoot issues faced by charities and clients in using the Platform
- Following up on outstanding client payments
- Administering our Share Giving service which includes:
- Processing and verifying donations of shares and their associated charity nominations in Salesforce
- Supporting and trouble-shooting issues faced by ShareGift donors
- Ensuring compliance requirements and processing timelines are met, and procedures followed with a keen eye for detail
- Reconciling contract notes and funds received
- Administering the compliance requirements of our Raffle program
- Detailed research to understand and collate State government raffle requirements
- Key liaison with external Corporate partner to operate the raffle
- Follow strict government regulations to apply for permits and complete financial returns
- Lead the annual raffles end to end, including coordinating with all stakeholders
Please apply by sending your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 1st April 2022.