Good2Give is a not-for-profit organisation that makes it easy for businesses and donors to connect with charities and community organisations that matter to them. Our aim is to deliver $300 million to charitable communities by 2022. Good2Give helps businesses maximise the impact and benefits of charitable giving through effective technology solutions as well as expert advice on community investment strategies and sustainable charity partnerships.
We are proud to call the likes of Aurizon, Suncorp Group, Stockland, Toyota and Westpac Group our clients. We are a national organisation with more than 25 staff located in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast.
Chief Financial Officer
Good2Give requires a highly competent self-starter to join our team as Chief Financial Officer to provide operational support as the organisation continues to grow (our annual turnover is $20M). You will have oversight for our operations in Australia and New Zealand and be a member of the Executive Team.
You might be currently working in the private/corporate sector looking for a new challenge or working in a not-for-profit environment. Not only will you be a qualified accountant, you will have an aptitude and understanding of governance, legal, and back office administration. Your direct reports will be a Finance and Compliance Officer, and a Client Services Team Leader.
Good2Give’s clients include some of the largest corporates in Australia and their employees, Government and thousands of charities. You will be a key part of the Good2Give team of 25 people, and excited by the opportunities that lie ahead in this complex and developing sector.
Good2Give acquired ShareGift Australia in December 2019, enabling Australian shareholders to donate shares to charities, and this operation will be integrated into Good2Give in 2020.
Culture and Leadership
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Team to develop and deliver our annual strategic plan.
- Ensure the team understands strategic business priorities and can deliver to the plan.
- Engage regularly with the Boards of Good2Give and ShareGift Australia.
- Drive a culture of high performance within Good2Give.
- Ensure Finance and Client Service Teams work collaboratively with all parts of the organisation for success.
- Oversee the management and co-ordination of all financial reporting activities for the organisation for use by the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the Investment and Audit and Risk Committees:
- Monthly reports including profit & loss, balance sheet, workplace giving and foundation and trust accounts donations, cash flow projections.
- Review and authorisation of monthly BAS and PAYG.
- Review and authorisation of all donations and grants.
- Work with the CEO and Executive Team on the strategic vision of the organisation including preparation of budgets and revised forecasts.
- Compliance with Good2Give and ShareGift’s statutory obligations under ATO, ASIC, and ACNC regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organisation. Co-ordination of external auditors, including the preparation of annual financial accounts.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met for 501C3 (as per US Internal Revenue Service) status, securing Good2Give’s eligibility to receive donations from CAF America.
- Manage banking and investment performance and service providers.
- Monitor banking activities of the organisation.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organisation’s needs.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee insurance requirements: public liability, products liability, indemnity, workers compensation.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets ensuring all are in accordance with ATO regulations.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the Client Relations Managers regarding clients’ financial queries.
Legal, Risk and Compliance
- Review and advise on client and supplier legal contracts.
- Establish and maintain the organisation’s risk registers.
- Prepare a summary risk register for review by the Audit and Risk Committee and Board.
- Review the client’s service fee register and advise on potential fee adjustments.
- Review the contract/agreement register for all client and supplier agreements noting particularly changes to standard agreement clauses.
- Review the Pro Bono goods and services register.
- Prepare and maintain the Business Continuity Plan.
- Ensure AML/CTF staff training is current and relevant and monitor activity in the NFP sector.
- Ensure all Good2Give entity lodgements (ASIC, ATO, ACNC, NZ Charity Office) are accurate and timely.
- Ensure the annual fundraising licence renewals are accurate and timely.
- Review the Notifiable Data Breach Register and ensure appropriate internal and external reporting.
- Oversee the annual workers compensation renewals for NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
- Oversee the quarterly Escrow lodgement process.
- Ensure National Police Checks are completed for all new staff (including directors).
Client Services Team
- The Client Services Team is led by the Client Services Team Leader, with five direct reports.
- This team manages Good2Give and ShareGift’s clients from a back-office perspective, across all service areas.
- It is a critical team within Good2Give and ShareGift’s operations, with a need for continual commitment to the improvement of processes to deliver operational efficiencies.
Qualifications, Skills and Behaviours
You are a confident and energetic leader, with the ability to motivate a team and challenge people to adopt new ways of thinking. You nurture talent and provide workflow management and guidance to your team. More specifically, you have:
- At least seven years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organisation of 10 or more staff.
- Experience in governance, risk management and compliance essential.
- CA or CPA qualification essential, governance qualifications preferred.
- Previous Board reporting and company secretarial experience will be well regarded.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to work under pressure and organise priorities to meet deadlines.
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm, a real self-starter.
- Ability to work autonomously but also as part of a small team.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Xero accounting software desirable.
- Experience in the charitable sector desirable.
- Understanding of the share market desirable.
- Model Good2Give’s organisational values.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com